Company Number: 2372121
Registered Charity Number: 100 7317
Derbyshire Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse Service is a specialist and experienced provider of domestic abuse services. We were established in 1985 when we opened our first refuge.
We are a local charity, which offers a range of services appropriate to individual need to help and support women, men and children who are affected by domestic abuse.
‘A world where there are no more victims of domestic abuse.’
‘To realise our vision, we will create lasting change by developing responses to domestic abuse that increase safety for victims.’
All our activities are underpinned by a set of values adopted by the organisation’s volunteers, staff, management and Trustees:
- Welcoming and empowering – we listen, encourage and equip people to make informed choices
- Places of safety – we provide environments where anyone using our services can live safely and think about the future
- We do not judge – we listen and provide the environment where people using the service can speak freely about their experiences
- Trust – you can trust us; confidentiality is paramount and people using our services can count on professional, highly skilled support
- Equality – we believe in providing support to anyone who needs it, regardless of their sex, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability
- Raising awareness – we encourage people to understand domestic abuse, to seek support and report concerns
We are affiliated to Women’s Aid Federation England – the key national charity working to end domestic violence against women and children.
Feedback from Partners
An excellent service – we are pleased to continue our close working relationship
Chesterfield Law Centre
You are a valuable service – keep up the good work
Contacting NDWA was very straightforward, staff response very good
Always received very positive and helpful responses to all contacts
Sexual Abuse and Incest Line